So What Are These Division Names And What Do They Mean?
- Betelgeus (ages 6 & 7) — 9th brightest star in the night sky and one of the largest and most luminous stars known, plus it has the coolest name of any star!
- Polaris (ages 8 & 9) — The North Star or Pole Star located very close to the Celestial Pole.
- Orion (ages 10 & 11) — One of the most conspicuous and recognizable constellations in the night sky.
- Sirius (ages 12-14) — Almost double the size of our sun, Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky and about twice as bright as the second brightest star: Canopus
Medals to ALL finishers!
- The 1st place girl and boy in each age group will receive awards. There will be no overall award and NO surfboards for winners.